Monday, April 16, 2018

Gum over Palladium Final Print ~ "The Fiddlers"

The finished gum over palladium print of "The Fiddlers" is finished. I was able to make that happen with four print layers, using seven colors. What I was after was leaving the effect of late afternoon sunshine. Decisions had to be made as just exactly how that was to be done, and how much. My intent is having the applied colors to look natural, not hand painted in like a hand colored image, although there is a bit of that to allow for separations of the tones and independent colors. I left the grasses at zone 7, mostly, with a couple spots sliding into zone 8. The actual grass was browned from summer heat.

Overall, I accomplished what I had set out to do. There are applied colors I am unable to actually see, like the green in the darker foliage in the background. Or the light green applied to the boy's shirt. Technically, the boys's pants should be tan(ish) with a hint of 'golden glow' over that. For  more definitive observations pertaining to color I refer to my color guru for confirmation or advice, whom sees the fuller color spectrum, being a watercolor artist.


Gum over Palladium ~ Seven print layers
"The Fiddlers" ~ 8x10 ~ Unique
Eugene, Oregon ~ 1984

No comments:

Post a Comment