Thursday, October 27, 2022

"Fife and Drum Team" ~ Palladium toned Kallitype

 This print image turned out to be a rather difficult image to work with. Not sure why, considering. Many negative printing test, with printing tests to arrive at the right contrast and density range. I'm happy with it, considering. The prints I will be showing for this portfolio will be 8"x10" format, instead of the 11"x14" format I was printing. I'm a lot more happy with the iamges in the smaller format.

I am following the same printing format as before, using sodium citrate for many of the images, with a few developed in sodium acetate for the deeper blacks. All the prints are toned in palladium toner for nine minutes. This image was printed on Revere Platinum rag, one of my favorite printing papers.

Palladium Toned Kallitype

"Fife and Drum Team

Salem, Oregon 1990



No comments:

Post a Comment