Thursday, August 10, 2023

"Shillelaggh and Hat" ~ Gum Dichromate Print

This image is one more I captured forty years ago, in a small town of central Oregon. Things that captured my eye at the time. Having Irish blood in me, the  Shillelagh was a natural for me. The more recent gum prints I have been making are all printed on Fabriano Artistico rag paper, sized with a 4% solution of Know Gelatin. That sizing amount allows the image to fall slightly into the paper, leaving the image viewed with the texture of the paper. 

This 8"x10" print will likely be one of the last gum prints of this size, at least for now. I am holding two portfolios of gum prints this size, with twelve portfolios of work in preview cases at present. For now, enough.

Gum Dichromate Print

"Shillelagh and Hat"



No comments:

Post a Comment