Friday, July 7, 2017

The Writing Side of Photography ~ Books

I've mentioned more than once that I began printing again early last year, writing articles on the printing processes I've been working in. What I haven't mentioned much is what I spent my time doing before that. When I retired from commercial photography in 2010 I began writing, another deep seated desire I held, even studied during the college years, yet not something I was able to entertain until after the world of work had ceased.

At this time I have eight books in print, and as mentioned in the last article that last book was the one on the black & white negative, and photo chemistry. I have another interest with books that I've used before when needing a photo-quality book, photographic coffee table books. I have made these for clients as the output of the images I shot during an event, one being a Quinceanera I photographed. The client was more than pleased with the results. They can be a very valuable tool for a client.

The book I just put together was for me. For my shelf. I will be producing an "10x8" hard bound photo book for each portfolio I print. When I have what I want, I will combine them all into one "13"x11" hard bound book with portfolio sections. For my shelf. Although these books will stay on a server for some time. The paper in this book is the premium gloss paper well suited for photographic images. The book represents the fourteen prints available in the Tombstone Portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment