Wednesday, January 26, 2022

"Grandpa's Lantern" ~ Gum over Palladium Print

 I have been making some updates to process, to accommodate changes needed for better image quality. My determination of course, arriving at the ending I had envisioned.  The gum print I am working on now should demonstrate the changes. That's the theory. I've increased the gelatin sizing from 2 1/2% to 3 1/2%, using two sizing dips at 115º-125ºF for one minute, maybe a bit more.

This print is the first 11"x14" gum over print I've made in some time. Life challenges and all. It is another print in the series Grandpa's Cabin. The print is in line of Poor Man's Palladium; palladium toned Kallitype. The palladium print finish becomes the sizing for the paper, and the gum layers lay very nicely on top the palladium surface.

Gum over Palladium Print

"Grandpa's Lantern" 11"x14"



No comments:

Post a Comment