Sunday, June 18, 2023

"Arizona Sunset #2" ~ Gum Dichromate Print

 It has taken time to finish this print. Life. Family. On top of the three weeks of workiong with the image. Gum prints demand special focus and nurturing to be realized as pre-visualized. Thiis is a second image from the Arizona Sunset portfolio of images I have, yet to be printed.

Until more recently in my printing over the past forty years, I normally stayed away from series images, photographing whatever was in front of me at the time. When I am working on a series of images, like flowers, events like the Civil War portfolio, historical places, like the Tombstone and Jerome Portfolios of Arizona. Now I'm working on sunsets.

This particular sunset was photographed man years ago, and waiting for it's time. The location is Avra Valley, Arizona, outside of Tucson, AZ. This print is made up of twelve printed color layers. Sunsets are a particularly tricky to make, simply due to my near color blindness to red/green, and reds, oranges, yellows and similar colors make up said sunset. I don't actually see red in the sky in this image, but am told by color seeing indivuduals thiere is red there. Interesting, thiat.

Gum Dichromate Print

"Arizona Sunset #2"



No comments:

Post a Comment