Monday, January 23, 2017

Project Completion

After six months of planning and two solid months of continuous construction, the new darkroom is finally complete. Final touches are being made, the area lighting and wall shelves. My body has been referring to me in vulgar terms, and I have no doubt I'm in much better shape for it. The timing of things isn't how I would like it, but considering the obstacles, I'll take it. I was told by the nice rep at Bostick & Sullivan that my chemical order should arrive on Wednesday. The order was large enough I was emailed to tell me it was way too much to put in one box, which of course will cost another......

All of which is good news with exception to that timing thingy. I will be taking my sweet wife to Puerto Vallarta for ten days with good friends of ours. Long in the planning, and something that will have healing powers on the body. I'm certain of it. Warm beaches with a Pacifico right out of the ice bucket, which chatting about black and white photography. My good friend is a most excellent photographer. But I digress. With patience, I will be busy in the new darkroom shooting with my Burke & James 5x7 view camera, developing and printing palladium and gum prints. You will know this because I will be posting regular updates of the progress.

My apologies for the absence. Good things are coming though. . . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment