Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The Darkroom

Having spoken of the darkroom in more than one post, then disappearing for two months, it would seem only fair to offer up snaps of what all that work was for. And why I put forth all the labor and expense to arrive at a space that accommodates the printing I want to do. I don't spend much time with higher aesthetics in decoration. I keep it pragmatic and simple. I like grays, white and black. I am coming to like the idea of staining the cabinets on the dry side to match the Solar Printer (UV printing box) shown below.
'
As I noted in the last post, a long planned trip to Mexico will take me away for the next ten days. As confessions go, my normally deep enthusiasm for such a trip, it comes just as all is ready to begin work. Not sure if that is irony or Karma working. It is what it is, and at this stage in life, I am not in any hurry. My interest is in making beautiful prints. My apologies for the absences, leaving a dead page. Hopefully I will be able to make up for that later, when I will have new work to show on a regular basis.

The Solar Printer ~ Printer door (with knob) at bottom ~ Slit just  under the brass plate is the
diffusion sheet ~ ballasts & UV tubes above the diffusion sheet
 Dry working side ~ Cabinet for portfolio cases


























Other end of dry working side~ Negative Case shelves


























Wet Side with sink ~ chemical shelves in corner ~ 3 outlet water setup (one with thermometer
Chemical shelves are yet empty, with a large order scheduled to arrive tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment