Wednesday, January 25, 2017

The Chemistry & Printing Paper Arrives

Apparently my Karma isn't in too shabby shape. My order of chemistry arrived late this afternoon, just as the sun hung above the horizon. Enough chemicals to fill all the shelves in my mixing area, as well as 60 cut sheets of printing paper; 10"11", for the 8"x10" prints. I will also be printing negatives from the 5x7 Burke & James view camera, ones I shot thirty years ago as well as fresh images to come. Those negatives will be printing in palladium only. I have not forgotten the gums. I now have two gum printing frames that I will be putting to good use. Portfolios are coming.

This page will be quiet for the next twelve days, until we return from Mexico. I promise that upon my return I will not be derelict in providing regular updates and images coming out of the new darkroom. Very soon I will also be putting together the second photo book in the "Alchemist's Guide:" series. This next one will be "Printing in Silver", focusing mostly on the salt paper process, or what I refer to as the Salted Silver Print. Thirty years worth of insights within 150 pages. Give or take....


No comments:

Post a Comment