Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Kallitype Print ~ Again

I have printed this image probably close to ten times. In every print there is a flaw. Somewhere. I know that there are legends surrounding Native American Indians and their dislike for being photographed, although I am hard pressed to blame the continued flaws in this printed image, every time, and the only image I have this problem with, I leave it to "whatever".

Yes, I did digitally fix the flaw before posting. The print is junk so can't be exhibited, but thee is no reason it can't be shown as it would otherwise have been, sans said flaw, which was minor. Very minor. As in the other Kallitypes I have been printing I continue to use Revere Platinum paper. I'm very happy with that paper for hand coated printing.

This print was also developed in sodium citrate and cleared in an EDTA bath, then toned in palladium. All the prints in this portfolio are palladium toned.

Palladium toned Kallitype
"Spirit Dance" ~ 8x10 ~ unfinished print
Tucson, Arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment