Friday, September 15, 2017

New Kallitype

I suppose the idea behind posting finished images on one's blog is to show the finished 'perfect' print. As most photographers know, certain images are similar to a new food treat, looks pretty good until you print it, or eat it, respectively. I had been wanting to print some of the images I have of wild mustangs of Arizona that I photographed during a motorcycle trip I was on with an old friend. We were returning to Arizona from the Four Corners area, and were nearing Safford, Arizona when we came across these wild horses with markings one links to Pintos or Mustangs. Horse aficionados will know right off.

I won't likely be adding this to any portfolio. Perhaps I may hang it in my house as something new, but not likely a portfolio. Simply put, I just don't find it inspiring. It's almost like a color image, what you might see if you were standing there. There needs to be something in the image that makes the whole thing speak to you. Something. For me, Nada. I'm posting it to simply demonstrate that not all images make it to the show, as it were. I have several other shots from that short encounter. Perhaps there might be one that does grab me, in a good way.

Gold toned Kallitype
"Two Wild Ponies" ~ 8x10
Eastern Arizona




























No comments:

Post a Comment