Sunday, October 1, 2023

"Room into the Sky" ~ Gum Dichromate Print

 More weeks of work has brought two new prints to fruition. I continue to print the gums to 11"x14", likely nearing the lifespan of my printing. I have two new print images set up and ready for printing. These two prints are forest scenes of Oregon; trees, rocks and water. My favorite. These two prints will be printed in the same method of the final print I made over thirty years ago, using a 2X loop and tiny brushes to add color to every single leaf and object in the scene.

That will take several weeks to accomplish, and may be the final prints I make. I've been printing for over forty years now, and the prints I make are from the old world, art that is no longer understood nor appreciated, leaving me to print for the past seven  years for my own accomplishment and satisfaction. Such is life.

This image was taken about  fifteen years ago at Tumacacori, Arizona, a current museum site for the old church that was built during the 18th century by Father Kino, who also built San Xavier, the "Dove of the Desert". That just may be forthcoming, if I'm inclined to continue  printing. This print consists of over ten print layers to arrive at the finished image.

Gum Dichromate Print ~ Unique

"Room into the Sky" ~ 11"x14"

Tumacacori, Arizona




No comments:

Post a Comment