Tuesday, October 3, 2023

"Tiger Daylili" ~ Gum Dichromate Print

 The second image of the recent printing, one more flower up close. The color of this image was entirely made up of layers of quinacridone burnt orange, and should, theoretically be of an orange color. However, my color seeing source for my prints tells me that the overall color is closer to brown. Not what I had hoped to hear. Sometimes it is painful to ask, cuz I know I'll get an honest answer, and likely not what I was hoping for.

The importance of the print images, especially the flowers, is the light; what the light is doing to the flower,  how it comes through the flower in places. The coloring, well, I work to get things close to what I see in the world, being almost color blind to red/green colors. Not exactly the same as a blind race car driver or pilot, but not helpful either when printing with colors.

This print is also over ten print layers, but using only Quinacridone \burnt orange; hence, my expectation my flower would turn out in the vicinity of orange. One would think anyway. Thus my orangy brown print is what it is, like it or not. I did keep the brilliance of the image, again, a focal point of the printing.


Gum Dichromate Print ~ Unique

"Tiger Daylili" ~ 11"x14"



No comments:

Post a Comment