Saturday, February 18, 2017

Blip in the Road

All I have to post today are my apologies for not having a decent article to post. Intermingling with folks at close proximity at airports and busy turista destinations brings with it potentially nasty strains of things for which there may not even be a name for it. From a quick check using the tracking number of my order of Pictorico acetate film, the probability is good it should arrive about the time I regain the vigor needed for a full on printing binge. Once I have the acetate sheets in hand I will burn through them fairly quickly, being I have a folder full of images that will make up the Arizona Portfolio. The prints I have been posting derive of that portfolio. Ultimately, the portfolio will consists of 15 prints, which will fill a case.

What I can say at this time is that one of the images ready for printing is the one below, of two horses hitched to a wagon in front of a storefront on Main Street Tombstone. The single "Horse Head" image is from another angle, as is the third image of these horses, with their humans attending them, which also is ready for printing. What was most inviting of these horses was their being white, offering a point of chiaroscuro, between the white and black positioning. The Horse Head image was printed as a salted silver. The Kallitype version will greatly strengthen the blacks in the image.

First print will be a salted silver, followed by a Kallitype version.


No comments:

Post a Comment