Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Platinum/Palladium Print

It doesn't take long for the viewer to realize I shot a lot of images along a river. During the thirteen years I lived in Eugene, Oregon, on the north side along River Loop #1, which all but touched the Willamette River, I spent many hours along the banks of that river, at different times of day. Late afternoon just before sunset became my favorite time, with the blue spectral light of the Willamette Valley of Oregon.

There will be several more images along the river theme, all now being printed as platinum/palladium images. For my taste, exactly the treatment I had in mind when I began hand coated printing in 1983. Previous articles have outlined the properties of the negatives and the paper I'm using so I won't keep re-posting.

Platinum/Palladium Print
"Sunset on the Willamette" ~ 5x7 ~ 2/5
Eugene, Oregon




















No comments:

Post a Comment