Friday, August 26, 2016

Early Camera Fun ~ Capturing Light

Using that old Argoflex gave me endless enjoyment. There was just something about viewing a little screen below your eyes, with things moving in weird ways when you tried framing the shot. Come on, you know you sort of liked that. It was like mastering the steps in a Tango, done just right....

Interestingly enough, I tended to point the lens at subjects that seemed to me to capture light, and hold it, until the rays of light changed, before it was gone. Probably the first couple dozen rolls of film were shots of stuff in or around the house. I can almost hear... "yeah, me too." A bottle in the window, with a small spider web caught me eye while I was sitting at the table next to said window. It was the light captured in the sheer curtain that sort of connected the spider web with the bottle, all reflecting the light.

What I would like to propose is for any photographer who reaches this blog, is an open invitation to post an image of yours that fits within the context of the blog, which is pretty open to any black and white image, with emphasis on hand coated images. I will post them with whatever information you want included. An IT person I am not, so perhaps you can email me with said information, as do the authors who do so for my author's blogging. Not sure if my email shows up for contact on this site but here it is; gmhandgis@gmail.com

Silver Gel Print ~ "Bottle in the Window"
1981 ~ 8"x10 ~ Unique
Eugene, Oregon

No comments:

Post a Comment