Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Open Call to all Photographers ~ Show Us Yours

I am offering an open invitation to any photographer who wishes to have one or more of their images posted on this site, especially if it is pertinent to the subjects being discussed, like personal approach to ISO setting/developing, or hand coated image you are proud of, or if it is usable technical or informational process or procedure. Ideally, this blog could be a forum of photographic expression and techniques. Could be.

I know view camera photographers are out there, and most of you have been around awhile. My intent is furthering the interest and discussion moving on all things black and white film photography, and related subjects therein. I love this craft and am seeing a resurgence in interest in learning it. There are likely even more film shooters of roll film cameras, which now isn't a hindrance for large negative printing now with Epson printers and suitable acetate sheets to print on.

I'm putting up one of my earliest images, using a very old $18 Argoflex twin-lens camera I was amazingly thrilled to have just scored. That called for a trip to the beach, right after a few rolls aiming the lens at all things around the house and yard. So I take you to the sand dunes of Florence, Oregon. The C5 lens adapter I used on this shot created the vignetting in the corners. Dodged out of the print. Not so lucky digitally after scanning the original negative, as I use Lightroom 4, and that clone tool is.... interesting.

Silver Gelatin Print ~ "Dune Grasses"
1982 ~ 8"x10" ~ Unique Private Collection
Florence, Oregon

No comments:

Post a Comment