Saturday, September 3, 2016

Gum Reprints To Come ~

There are a number of images I have in mind for printing first, once the printer has been set up and testing completed. Most photographers do. Some images just beg to be printed, and usually in a particular medium in a particular way. Perhaps that is part of the visualization routine working as intended. Being I live in the southwest now, in the Sonoran Desert, images of the southwest come under that umbrella of images to be printed.

So many of my images don't leave much information as to where the shot was taken, or even when. This image was taken during one of my trips to Arizona to visit family, dragging along my two short people. The flora of that area is fairly recognizable to anyone having been in Arizona, as are the mesas in the distance. Trademark giveaways of the state.

This image was printed as a gum over a silver print. One of the few I did at that time. The copy work to arrive at a digital image is lacking, leaving the image wanting, but sufficient enough to see the resultant image. This will be one of the images I will be printing again, but this time without the silver image beneath gum. This time will be straight bum, as I will replicate dMax without the need for silver this time around.

Gum over Salted Silver Print ~ "Desert Mesas"
1986 ~ 5"x7" ~ Unique
Southern Arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment