Monday, September 26, 2016

The Print Negative

Today's work with the negative printing should prove to be pretty much in the sweet spot. A simple  printing with said negatives will be the arbiter of that of course. One of the negatives printed this morning was 'developed', as in scaled and toned using Dan Burkholder's method. The other negative printed was an image of Lilies that I have been waiting to get to for some time. Flowers are especially beautiful in palladium, as well as gum. That will begin happening hopefully very soon.

The negatives I'm posting here have been prepared for printing using the methodology I've been writing about; density assignment applied visually, then spectral density added (green tone). I am far more comfortable working with densities in the negative view. The densities show themselves better when I see them in that form, and being I don't use a preset density range that can be assigned an image, it is through visual inspection that I rely upon to interpret how I would like the negative to print, then assign the densities visually by using the four slide controls in Lightroom, to arrive at a negative I feel will print an image I am pre-visualizing.

These is one of the negatives I will be printing tomorrow. First run will be as a salted silver, toned in palladium (if I like the print). I will be posting a print image then.

"Spring Lilies" 8x10


















No comments:

Post a Comment