Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Testing Day

Today will indeed be a day of testing; dMax to print time for salted silver and Kallitype, then gum dichromate. The baseline points of printing. As I have brought up enough to likely be irritating, this craft is very malleable, and there are usually more than one avenue for arriving at the same spot. Case in point; scaling digital negatives for printing historical processes. I have read two methods as proposed by two well qualified photographers, printing platinum/palladium. I also still have my current conviction that silver has the longer tonal scale potential.

A few posts back I went into detail on scaling the digital negative for printing, how other photographers have written on their method, and mine. I also included contrast index curves to demonstrate the difference between the methods. It is not the case that the other methods don't work, they do, as shown by said photographers' printing work. The point being, my method also works, as demonstrated by yesterday's printing, and that will be the secondary test. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment