Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Test Print ~ Palladium toned Salted Silver Print

The prints have dried down and the copy work of the image I'll focus on here isn't too bad. What gets lost in the digital translation is the warmth of the print tone from the palladium toner. The digital image will have to do. As I had pointed out in the last post, it is the middle tones that suffered in this print were the middle tones, and that was of my doing, when I was less practiced with the Lightroom controls. I am getting better though.

This test print is about 90% where I want it to be. The important thing about this test print is what I learned from it, which is visually relating the density range with this print, added to the spectral density to create the same 13 minute print with a better adjusted tonal scale, adding bulk to the middle tones.

Palladium toned Salted Silver Print ~ "Disuse #1"
Under construction ~

No comments:

Post a Comment